Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Armada Predacon to Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron - Retrofit - Work in Progress

Step 2 - Take apart Armada Predacon

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 - ARM Predacon Parts.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	2175

Ok, there are a few differences here when dismantling Predacon.

The legs are more or less the same. As is the waist.

Set the rear half of the waist aside, just like with Megatron.

At this point we come across difference number 1.

The waist rotation joint attached to the torso.

Ok, this here is secured in with a rivet instead of a screw like on Megatron. This means we can't remove that green plate that connects to the tail anchor at this time.

We'll leave it alone and come back to it later.

Remove the tail anchor by popping out the pin and keep it and the pin together.

Unscrew the biceps and remove the forearms just like on Megatron.

Dismantle the T-Rex head, and pop the robot head out of the neck plate.

At this point you should be left with the following pieces still connected together.

The torso should have the green plate that connects to the tail anchor. It should also have the robot's sides that connect to the robot shoulders. In addition, it should also have the small L shaped piece that connects the torso to the neck plate.

At this point we'll come across difference number 5 (ok, I know I skipped a few numbers, but I'm covering all the differences in the next step)

The T-Rex mode shoulder plates don't have pins to hold them in place. They simply pop on to the torso. So simply but carefully pop them off.

Here's where an optional step comes into play.

To exchange the Predacon neck plate with the Megatron neck plate, you'll have to carefully remove the pins holding the robot mode sides.

I'd advise against removing these pins. The area is tricky to work with, and if you mess it up you'll break the figure.

I lucked out with mine, I guess I was feeling a little more brave with my amature abilities at the moment.

If you choose to skip this optional step, the only major difference will be a final product with Predacon's neckplate. It'll function just the same, but won't match any other colour on the final figure.

Once more with the tail assembly. I chose to take that apart, but I'd suggest leaving it alone for now.

Once you have your Armada Predacon apart, it should look like the picture I've attached at the top of the post.

You'll notice the lack of broken pieces and lack of crumbs or splinters.

You may want to store the keep and go parts in separate ziplock plastic bags. It really helps.

Last edited by Shepp; 03-19-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.