Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 03:00 PM   #22
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: My thoughts on the POTP Dinobots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Yeah. It's definitely being forced into the POTP "ecosystem." I won't argue for a second that GRIMLOCK would be a better toy if he didn't also have to serve as a torso. The limbs less so in the sense that they still transform mostly in classic dinobot style.

Sky lynx had the same issue. I like the you quite a bit, but he suffers from having to serve as a (actually very good) torso.

Titans return did a great job handling the gimmick while presenting some unique and fun toys. Galvatron suffered from the gimmick, but most were awesome. Combining is harder to work around.

I'm of two minds. It would be nice to get a generations line based on great Transformers again, after several years of themes. But I can't deny the playability of titans return especially. My kids LOVE the head gimmick and tiny robots so fucking much.
I fully agree about the Titans stuff. It was a really great line. It dug up a lot of nostalgia for a lot of fans, and it was great to see kids playing with the same characters we had as kids. I remember getting my Dad to transform Kup back and forth for me because I liked when he did it. (I also didn't like the sound his arms made. ha ha)

Speaking of Sky Lynx. About two weeks ago I got to see an old Hasbro Sky Lynx concept that never made it past the drawing board. Literally. They were just sketches. But they were going to give him a robot mode. Kinda like the new Battletrap. The upper section had a shuttle, bird, robot, and shirt mode. The bottom had the lynx, an APC, a robot mode, and pants mode. The robot modes looked cool, and the combined robot looked a lot like a an autobot version of Predaking. It was really cool, but for whatever reason it never got past paper. A shame, because I have a new found love of Duocons after picking up Battletrap.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.