Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #31
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

I feel... meh. I mean, sure, I like the figures I’ve seen so far, and would like to add them to my collection, but... I’m not really excited. I know I’ll grab Wheeljack, cause IMO they’ve never done a good Wheeljack, (maybe Energon Downshift was as close as they got for me), but everyone else? I look at them and think, ‘hey, that’s a nice Optimus Prime’, but then I remember that Ive bought like 15 Primes in the last five years, and each one gets just enough better to warrant a new figure. I feel like I’m getting milked at this point. The flip side to that, of course, is when they put out a character I’m not as familiar with I might not care.

For me it might just be a bit of fatigue as a collector. Trying to keep up with multiple lines of Transformers, plus Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black, Power Rangers Lightning... it might be time to scale back. I’ve been collecting since my teens and I’m getting ready to celebrate 40 later this year, so the price hikes, wonky distribution, ‘gotta get it now or lose it forever’ mentality, and constant pile of loot on the horizon might be teetering the balance from fun towards stressful a bit too much. That’s just me though.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.