Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:42 AM   #12
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 66 - Wars, Machines, Hunters, and Their Beasts

I didn't know Transmetals were so "controversial", for lack of a better word. The way I always understood it, the quantum surge more or less turned them inside out. It made their beast modes robotic and their robot modes organic. It also upgraded them. It was stated in the show that TMs are more powerful than the originals/plain Beasties. Probably due to the alien elements from the Planet Buster. I also theorize that the third modes are remnants of their pre-Earth alt modes brought out by their TM reformatting.

As for TM2s, I basically see them as artificial Transmetals who are imperfect and thus they're all kind a F'd up. And in place of a third mode, they all have supernatural powers. Cheetor and Dinobot 2 seemed to have regenerative powers, while Blackarachnia had telekinesis.

Optimal Optimus, TM2 Megatron, and Tigerhawk are kind of their own thing but still definitely fit into their classifications. Optimus is definitely a TM1, even though his robot mode is more robotic. And I guess I see why people may think of him as a TM2, because he did display some supernatural power in Feral Scream Part 2. But I think that's more due to his connection to the Matrix. Even though he's not carrying it, he definitely still has a connection to it. And again, with Megatron and Tigerhawk, they both have third modes like a TM1, but their still definitely TM2 if anything.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.