Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #9
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus
Re: Frank Welker VIP Ticket System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
As posted in this forum volunteers do get free admission to the convention so what you are saying isn't really accurate. If you volunteered in the past you would know this so not sure where you are getting this from.
I'm not quite sure you read what he wrote correctly. He states that he was a volunteer and didn't need to buy a weekend pass, but that it sucked for those who WEREN'T volunteers or just wanted to see Welker.

An honest misunderstanding, I think.

I agree with everyone here. I know that some guests cost more than others to get. After all, you factor in flight, hotel, food, or anything else alone and that's expensive, plus paying for their time. That said, I hate when celebrities charge for autographs period, especially those who have already been well compensated for their work which earned them fandom to begin with.

My favourite celebrity in the circuit is Charisma Carpenter, of Buffy fame. I interviewed a whole bunch of people a few years ago for an article in EYE Weekly and she was the only one I had respect for. She charged $20 per autograph but had a poll to see which local charity fans most wanted money donated to and then gave all of the cash she earned to it before she left. I had NO issue forking out the $20 at that point!

But yeah, $175... ouch.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.