View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #84
TFtoys
Animated
Re: Transformers Prime First Edition Hitting Canadian Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronimus View Post
(RANT)

Im so disappointed in Hasbro. How do you launch a new toy line with 3 deluxes and one box set in select retailers? How do you promote a new show which has just finished its first season. How do you foster and create interest in the show, when you dont have figures which are readily available and vice versa. How do you limit the quantities that are shipped out, and lock out a massive retailer like Walmart for example. I shouldn't have to rely on a website for "sightings" of the figures. I shouldn't have to trek across the downtown to blindly check out a far way TRU and come away disappointed. Im not paying inflated prices to scalpers for these figures. And now, Ive missed wave one, and wave two isnt until April 2012. *barf*
(END RANT)
actually it seems to be a good strategy to try to sell out all the first wave and then come out 2nd wave. But with TF movies and TF generation, and rts fever are not over, it just makes the toy line to shift back a little. However, it actually meets the Christmas =(guarteed for selling) due to a good delay. Limited quantities stimulate the collectors or viewers' wants, in a short time to react rather than messy amount on the retailers and people are waiting for the clearance etc.
Sense of urgency to have one vs Wait for the last cheapest possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronimus View Post
I dunno. What's Habro official press releases? They sure are mum regarding info on TFP figures. I remember back when TF Cybertron show aired, you could find the figures anywhere. This show is the best show since BW, and you cant find anything on shelves. And season 2 is about to air.
also, Animated Prime you can find the first wave of the toy while the beginning of the first season. they just messed up or the retailer shelf space do not have that many left for an additional product line. too many transformers, perhaps?

Last edited by TFtoys; 11-30-2011 at 05:48 AM.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.