Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 12:36 PM   #16
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Inquiries about stock over the phone

Anybody have any luck ever getting someone from Walmart to check in the back?
I was at my local Walmart this morning, found nothing new, and was wondering if it would be worth the effort to try to ask someone, assuming you can find them, to see if there are any cases in the back. I've heard many times that Walmart says they don't maintain a huge back stock, and that everything they get goes on the shelf if there's space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Recently called a Wal-Mart to ask about availability of a figure and gave the UPC. Was told that they have about 20 of it. I can't really tell if they mean 20 figures of that wave/assortment (meaning a couple of them are the figure I want) or 20 figures of the one that I wanted. I find the latter very implausible, though, since I've never seen 20 of the same figure in a store before, let alone in a Wal-Mart.

As mentioned before, I'm also uncertain if the figure in question is even on the shelves or simply in transit but logged in the system as being in stock. The person I spoke to on the phone said it would be on the shelf, and I don't mean to doubt her, but from prior experience, you know...
Well, I took that pic someone shared from their Terrorcon find at the Ottawa Walmart and had my Walmart look up the numbers on the shelf tags, and they were able to tell me how many they had in store, as well as a few other stores. Unfortunately the 6 in stock at my store were all Dreadwind (still are too!). So it seems like those numbers just seem to apply to the deluxe assortment in general and are not wave specific.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.