Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #14
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: Inquiries about stock over the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Sorry, I should have specified, I have only ever done this with TRUs - I have never attempted to call a WalMart to verify stock, I pre-emptively judged that the staff would either be too busy or don't care to be thorough

Yeah, somehow, I sense that Wal-Mart has that "atmosphere" about it where you're just better off in general coming to the store yourself to verify if something is in stock or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BludChylde View Post
I forget which Marvel Legends wave was out, but it was somewhere near the end of the Toy Biz era.

Someone on Fwoosh had called their local Wal-Mart looking for the build a figure wave that was current at the time. The response they ended up getting from the employee on the phone was along the lines of "No, we don't carry marble leggings."

It became a runaway joke until spell check gave the forum "Froosh Walama Lomos." (Again another story that appears to have been lost in a forum purge but the 3 words were Fwoosh, Wal-Mart and logos, not used at the same time but someone decided to combine them as another joke.)

Ah, ok, that was hilarious. Thanks for sharing.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.