Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 12:49 AM   #990
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripnite View Post
So online retailers don’t count? Can we not split the sightings to a thread there and discussion elsewhere so we’re not sifting through pages of discussion to get to the meat and potatoes of sightings? Surely there’s a better way.
Personally, I don't mind it. Way back when, people made a stink about discussions happening in the BC retail sightings thread, so they broke the discussion off into it's own section. Guess what happened? The sightings thread turned into a ghost town for a long time. And the discussion thread wasn't all that active either.

Sightings promote discussion. Discussion is incentive for people to go to the sightings thread to make a post or comment. Separation kills the spontaneity to it all, so less people are actively posting.

And honestly, I also think the discussion makes it just a little more difficult for anyone who only comes here to leech off the community, like scalpers, without contributing. And I'm OK with that.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.