Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #17
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Kre-O Reviews by Scrapper6 (Now with Pictures)

And now for a quick follow up with Sentinel's robot mode and my ratings for the set.

But first...

Like with all models once you've built the robot mode you get parts left over. In this case there weren't enough to really try to make much out of, however there were enough to make a sort of storage area for the Kreon Accessories. And the ladders, with a bit of careful balancing. It's crude, ungainly and not the best model, but it's the best attempt I got out of all the left over parts.

Much like the vehicle mode, Sentinel's robot mode borrows heavily from his DotM model, he's got the large shield and double-bladed weapon and he's got all the right points of articualtion.

He's pretty big too, unfortunately after I took the first half of the photos for this review I re-organized my bedroom and got rid of the much larger dresser you're familiar with from my reviews and group shots. So I couldn't take a shot of all the Autobot Kreons together, I'll be sure to rememdy that when I finally get and review the large Optimus Prime from 2011.

While most of the model is obviously inspired from his DotM character model, Sentinel here is bearing a much more familiar looking head design. Yep, wheras Bumblebee sort of merged two iterations into one head design for the larger model, Sentinel here is squarely using a head design based off his Animated version, in a less super huge chin version.

I guess this means that Kre-O Sentinel Prime is not a Dark of the Moon version, but more of a combination, more than likely because the Dark of the Moon's unique facial design just wouldn't fly with the kids. I mean who wants to own an old man face robot? (Besides us hardcore adult fans of course still clamoring for Alpha Trion.)

Overall this is a very solid looking model and one of the best Kre-O based designs out of the lot, it incorporates a lot of the pieces in both modes (in fact, the water canon is still on his back and I added a few left over parts to the back that wouldn't fit on the accessory storage rack properly.), the Kreons included in the set are all very well detailed and very much desireable characters. (With exception to the bland generic human Kreon.)

Sentinel is a top rated set I feel deserving of five bricks out of five. He's got awesome detail work, accurate to the on-screen counterpart, his weapons are integrated into the hand builds quite well, his robot mode is solid and sturdy and doesn't have any odd proprotions really. Plus the animated head design on the DotM body is a fun little combination. Not even the fact that his Kreon is missing trademark Melee weapons can bring this set down any marks, yes he's a solid model all around and well worth tracking down. I highly recommend him.

Our next review will feature the Preview Wave of Micro-Change Kreons, and after that, provided I can track them all down, we'll be seeing Wave One of the Micro-Changers and the first batch of Micro-Change Combiners... With possibly more 2012 sets to showcase and the 2011 Optimus Prime Large Set... But for now just stay tuned to see what I think of the Micro-Changers in general, and also for a very special guest as part of that review, one I hadn't known was going to be around for it.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.