Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 08:11 PM   #12
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Boardie Question - At what point are you a scalper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
and i'll give you a perfect example. Back in the Shopkins day, my niece was into it and I helped her get her whole collection. At the same time, the USA were sold out of Season 1 packs. I made a killing on ebay but at auction not buy it now... The item cost me 23 bucks CAD I sold them on average for $100 CAD after exchange... Was I a scalper then??? Your opinion can be posted but I know I wasn't scalping. The buyers were dictating the price...
That's really not a good example. You're talking about a sold out item that was available and auction listings dictating price, not someone buying several Judge sets, not sold in stores yet, and marking it up 3 times the price. Totally different scenario.

We are talking about people that deliberately buy out stock for profit when they dont actually care about the product themselves. It's just money to them. There is a reason a lot of places, even online, have a limit of 2 per person, and some sites have "bot" checkers to prevent this issue. Ebay auctions can go either way. Sell with 1 bid at starting price or a whole bunch of people inflate the price, but that's on the buyers, not you.(unless you bought it at 23.00 and listed it at 100, then, scalping)

Either way, I just wont support them and they have every right to be assholes about it, I accept that, but that doesn't mean I like it.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.