Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:37 PM   #70
AV Prime
Machine War
Re: Transformer: The Last Knight Movie Premier Figures Released At Retail

Man even @ 50% off these would not be worth it. Saw these at my TRU today and lost my mind. This entire line of movie toys becomes an EASY pass if in fact the price does not come down since these are "premium edition" or whatever.

I was already having a hard time with $20 deluxe from RID and Combiners/Titans. Jack it up another $10 bucks. No way.

I don't care what argument you want to make about the CDN dollar vs US driving this - prices suck on both sides then. It was not THAT long ago that Deluxe were $14.99!! This is now double. As a collector or a father I can't spend $60 + HST on two deluxe toys. It's insane for standard retail.

The problem here is the price is getting higher but the quality of the product has not risen to match the increase. I first noticed the huge decline with Dark of the Moon toys when paint disappeared and they shrunk in size. I only bought 2 AoE toys - on clearance. Mostly because in my meaningless opinion the toys were terrible and I did not need to waste my time or money. I look at these Last Knight toys and I will admit Barricade looks like something to pick up but NEVER @ anything more than $10-$15. So I'll grab one loose at a TFcon in a couple of years if I still care at that poinit.

It's not only our Beloved Transformers but it's everywhere - $17.99 for a 3.75 Star Wars Black Series, $29.99 for Marvel Legends, $21.99 for a 6" Legacy Power Ranger..... on and on it goes. It's gotten out of hand. On top of that they try to sell lower priced bricks that we can buy our kids and expect them to enjoy that - but that is a debate in another thread.

Everyone has their opinion and preference. I chose to Pass on RID and Movie toys which allows me to use my hard earned money on 3-4 MP that pop up per year that I want. Are MP expensive - HELLS YES - but I'd drop $200 on ONE MP toy any day before i'd do the same on a full wave of terrible movie toys.

I'll just end my rant here - i'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the price was madness.
AV Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.