Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: GMfan's Ultra Magnus Collection

Generation 2

E-Hobby Laser (2006)
- Ultra Magnus as an Oil Tanker? Sure...why not?! I held off for some time on getting the highly praised RiD Scourge after finding out that there was an Ultra Magnus version of the mold and wanting him to be my first exposure to the mold...I saved myself for him! :P Needless to say...he's pretty sweet. There's so many little things I love that this toy does. His robot mode from the neck down is SO Ultra Magnus suiting but the head is his Magnus head...it's like he ripped of his "Ultra" helmet mid-battle and just kept truckin'. Even his shoulders look like his "stacks"! The cab has a wicked cool fade from grey to white, and the missiles still homage his original missiles so well with the red and white. Oddly though he still comes with the Laser Optimus stickers...which would scream Optimus across the tanker...I don't think I'll ever be applying them, lol. I really want a RtS Laser Optimus repaint in these colours now!!

Robots in Disguise

RiD (2001)
For the longest time my favourite transforming Ultra Magnus figure, still is in the top 3. Though he doesn’t have a fluid transformation but he is huge in both robot, and vehicle mode, and able to carry at least 3 deluxe sized cars in his alt mode. Sure he’s got big legs...but he’s ULTRA MAGNUS...watch out...he gun step on youz.

Car Robots (2001) -
God Magnus...initially looking side by side at pictures online you'd think the only difference would be the Autobot insignia missing from the side of the alt mode, but what you don't see is the difference in plastic. The blue, grey, and red plastic on him on have that metallic swirl that never photographs as well as you'd like but looks so sexy in person. I'd have to say, if you can, get this version over the American as they'll run you roughly the same price by the time the dust settles and this one just looks so much nicer in the light.

Spychanger (2001)
– Quite possibly the fastest transforming Ultra Magnus ever with 4 steps. Didn’t think I would like him but I keep finding myself fiddling with him from time to time.

Universe/Cybertron (2003/2005) - Originally this bad boy was a Sam's Club exclusive sold in a single pack but released along side a single packed yellow version of RiD Optimus Prime. Two years later he was repacked without any changes and put in a 2 pack for the Cybertron line with RiD Optimus Prime as a Costco Exclusive. Needless to say he's been a little difficult to obtain,
over the years his value has nearly tripled and goes for a pretty penny on many online sites and forums. Often times though some hardly realize it's different from the initial release of RiD Magnus as the only difference is some darker blue plastic, and more beige instead of white plastic...glad I found one of the sellers who didn't know they had the rarer universe version!

Universe Spychanger (2004)
– A Walmart exclusive that came in a 2 pack with Spychanger Ironhide. I actually got 2 of this guy at TFcon 2010 one from Ultra Primal, the other from Aaron (of WTF@TFW fame). I kept one MOSC. Overall the same mold as the 01 spychanger but with a lot more paint apps. The middle 4 wheels are now painted black, the lights on top of the cab are red, and this little gem on his rear end...

Just more of him to love...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-31-2011 at 05:41 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.