Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: GMfan's Ultra Magnus Collection

Super Collection Figures Act 4 "Early Colours" (2001) - "Early Colours"...why don't ya just say it, it's his Diaclone colours...

Heroes of Cybertron (2003)
– Another part of my gift from Otis...mint on sealed card...I couldn’t remove him. Still looking for a loose one I can fiddle with :P

Myclone (2003)
– If this isn’t the most adorable poseable Ultra Magnus ever...quite articulated too and oh so much fun packed into 2 inches. He was only available in Japan so not easy to get. Protoman helped me find this guy at TFcon 2010.

G1 Figure-Collection (2003) -
AKA Bottle Cap Ultra Magnus, as the base he stands on is roughly the size of a bottle cap, making him about an inch tall and round the same height as a Mini-con while on the base. These are ridiculously difficult to find so I jumped on a BIN of $10 shipped on ebay for him. I like how his colours give you a view of what he'd look like if you were seeing him on an old school black and white TV...and a stand that reminds me of who he is, in case I ever go senile or get retrograde amnesia.

Robot Heroes (2007) –
Came in a 2 pack with Megatron...even though his mortal enemy was Galvtron but hey at least this somewhat explains the eventual rivalry. This was a gift from the wonderful Oasis, who too has a Maggy fixation.

Kabaya Candy Kit (2010)
- A shrunken down, build it yourself, version of the 6' Titanium Ultra Magnus, only available in Japan. Due to it being a cheap little candy model kit toy (much like our kinder surprise) you can't expect much, but it still has a full transformation, and more poseable then his G1 father. Too bad he's riddled with cheap stickers but for $10 at the most how can you complain about yet another tiny Magni?

Custom by me, Chris (AKA GMfan) (2010) -
A redeco of the Kabaya Candy Kit Ultra Magnus using just a few stickers and using paint as a more permanent colouring for this figure as the original stickers in their entirety didn't feel the most secure. Went for a slightly different colour scheme from the original Kabaya Candy Kit figure going for the G1 figure look more with the white hips and red thighs. Once again, just goes to show, a little detailing can make all the difference.

Super Deformed Bust (2006)
– Only in existence thanks to TFW2005. Another case of Ultra Magnus and adorableness...that face alone. Little secret about this bust, he’s my “hang in there kitty” poster when I need the motivation to keep chugging. I CAN deal with this now!!! This one is number 316/500.

Diamond Select Bust (2009)
– Got a steal on this from down_shift for $20...who turns that down!? Still a really nice display piece about 7-8 inches tall. This one is number 16/1000

Tech Deck Manga (2007)
– AKA Ultra Radness! Oddly this isn’t an official Hasbro product, but a clear homage to the City Commander. He’s got magnets in his feet and wires in his arms so he can move his rubber body ever so slightly. A cool little oddity nevertheless.

KO Robot Heroes (2010) - Found this little oddity in California while I was visiting there in Dec 2010 - Jan 2011. Basically a clear plastic version of Robot Heroes Ultra Magnus but clearly (no pun intended) a direct recasting as all posability is lost, no more head turning or arm rotation. Either way the second I saw him I couldn't tell whether or not the price tag was "$2.0" or "$20"...turns out it was $2...little did the fool know I probably woulda paid $20 for this rare item...

Fan Made Magnets, Keychains, and Pins (2012) - It was Sunday afternoon TFcon 2012, I didn't feel like I had a large enough haul so I started walking around the dealer room and started stumbling upon various dealers with various Ultra Magnus nicknacks and things. They really had to twist my arm (for just over a microsecond) before I threw a couple of bucks towards these independent businesses and walked away with a chibi Ultra Magnus magnet, keychain, and 2 pins (bottom row) which were placed next to my crotch for the rest of the weekend...what?! I had to keep the tradition going...three years strong.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 08-12-2012 at 03:28 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.