Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #50
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: Your wishlist for the new G1 reissue line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Same scalper bought all 3 Devastators from my WM. Scooped for Starscream this morning, scooped for Devy tonight!
Considered these have been done befoe in the Encore line, etc. I don't know how much scalpers can get out of them from collectors. Not to mention loose, MIB and even MISB G1 original can still be had at different price points. I supposed for the people who haven't had one yet and want a N.American original packaging look a like mint one there is a niche market to be exploited but I don't see a great demand. Personally, I have 2 loose G1 Devastators this new one is not a must have for me. I bought Starscream simply because it comes with a mini Megatron gun. I still have an original Hot Rod so I will definitely skip that one as well.

I now have Starscream and all 4 mini cars. The quality of cardboard box and the card backs are not there: it is very thin compare to the originals or even the some of the Japanese reissues. Even my 2 sets of Dollarama KO Devastator have better card back. That partially explained why a lot of these new one have damaged packaging.

And, Starscream (and the others) doesn't come with the red tech. spec. decoder so the whole nostalgic thing is gone IMHO.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.