Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
Stapler
Nexus Maximus
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 65 - The Six Million Dollar Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Who says you can't? Answer the questions in this thread!
I meant more along the lines that I felt like chiming in and giving my two cents but couldn't because I was listening to a recording. That type of thing. :P

Anyway...

- What different fan mindsets have you run into?

Nothing too negative in person. I've seen all types online, though. I mostly run into casuals who have fond memories of G1 and/or BW.

- Do any of you ascribe to any of these particular mindsets?

I have a nostalgic and sentimental bias to G1 but I'm able to find something to appreciate in the other parts of the franchise and enjoy them for what they are. Do I like some more than others? Definitely. Do I hate any of them for not being G1 and/or BW? No.

- Is there a TF line that you must have some of to be called a TF fan?

I don't think there is any one line that you need some of to be considered a fan. The great thing of this franchise is that there's something out there for everyone. Everyone's tastes are different and even if a line could be considered the "best", it doesn't make it everyone's favorite by default and everyone is obligated to have something from it.

- Is there a single figure that all TF collectors must have?

It depends IMO. G1 Optimus Prime if you want that toy to represent the beginning of the franchise. But really I say it should be a toy that represents your favorite iteration of a particular character.

- Are third party items the Mazarati's of the TF world? Or do they even deserve to be referred to as TF's?

I feel that it just depends on who you ask. I don't see them as anything stupendous. Some of the 3rd party is amazing, no question, but other than a rare occasion, 3rd party stuff just isn't for me. I'm happy enough with what Hasbro offers.

Do I consider them transformers? Well they're transformers but not transformers, you know? They aren't official so my brain kinda registers as their own thing.

- If TF snobs bug you, what do you like to tell them when encountered in person?

Meh. After being on the internet thins long, snobs don't bother me too much. I've learned to just roll my eyes and ignore them or avoid them. But the person's personality plays a part, too. They could be a snob but still be a likable snob, you know?

I don't think I've ever run into a TF snob offline. I'm not the type to walk up to a stranger and start blathering about transformers. If someone bring it up than I'm happy to talk about them.

I try not to get hung up on folks that bug me anyway. Life is stressful enough, why worry about people like that? It's just not healthy.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.