View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 03:33 PM   #9
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: New Collector Seeking Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGATRONOPTIMUS View Post
Appreciate all of the insightful responses so far. Thank you! I think every province has their issues with distribution, with the exception of, maybe, Ontario from what I’ve been reading. Most stores in BC are completely empty when it comes to any WFC, and anything new or interesting is also immediately sold out. I wouldn’t mind picking up some of these older Siege figures you guys still see if I ever encounter them in the wild here.

I’ve spent wayyyy too much money already this past month playing catch up. Based on the leaks we’ve got, I can tell my wallet is not going to like seeing the next few waves of releases either. Everything looks awesome! I just hope I can catch some deals here and there to offset some of these more expensive scalper buys I’ll be making along the way.
I largely "detoxed" from "needing" to buy it all so a few suggestions:

Be choosy. Are you looking for g1? Beast wars? What theme or crew or era is most important to you?

Consider getting older versions of some of the same characters used from various Cybertron.ca sales posts, or locally on marketplace or Kijiji. Not all new toys are by default "better," and when you factor in the price increase and shitty distribution it can be the simpler and cheaper route.

On that, patience. Inevitably, somebody will dump a huge chunk for cheap.

For new stuff, regrettably, preorder if you can from trusted and reputable sources. Ages 3 and up is good. Flat rate shipping, don't pay til it's in, free shipping over 250, good customer service. Toy snowman has been great. Ebgames has been good with some issues; if you preorder from.them make SURE it is ship to home, don't do in-store pickup. Amazon preorders have become WHO THE HELL KNOWS.

Toys r us unfortunately has become suck. Walmart's site is totally hit or miss.

the online sightings threads here on Cybertronian are awesome. But you have to be on top of it as shit sells out fast.

The days of dependable sales at TRU appear to be gone so it is what it is. My big advice is figure out what you really want and focus, and preorder.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.