Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 03:18 PM   #5
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Future of Combiners (speculation thread)

Yeah I think they will revisit a combiner every year for the foreseeable future. It is smart to start with Menasor since he was probably the weakest/least G1 release during the CW years.

Going with a Commander and deluxes should make for a fair sized combiner. Probably bigger than the CW combiners. So that means a lot of people will probably get him anyway to go with the rest of the WFC trilogy figures (scale of course). That means the market will probably be flooded with CW combiners soon, more specifically whichever ones are confirmed to release.

By going this route it will be years before just the "main" combiners get done. So the second and third tier combiners will probably be a long time coming, or never. I sold my LeoKaiser for a pretty penny, and I don't see Hasbro getting to Computron before the others. Also the Seacons were just done so they probably won't be done either. So those molds will probably stay high value.

Predaking and Devastator should be redone, but maybe not right away. They just did movie Devastator so he won't need to be addressed for a trademark for another 4-5 years. Predaking should be done, but since he was a Titan there is probably less need to address him before the others (Bruticus, Superion, Defensor) for scale reasons.

I'll most likely "update" these guys while getting rid of my CW versions. Although I will probably wait until each one is confirmed, even though it is probably is a given that Superion is next.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.