Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 04:39 PM   #35
Incepticon
Double Agent
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

Transformers are like chocolate bars: the prices keep going up and the sizes keep going down.

Forget all the "but... inflation der der der" nonsense - the figures themselves have shrunk down to absurd degrees. I look at virtually any voyager & leader from the original CHUG era, Animated and even the Bayformer stuff, and they absolutely dwarf the figures coming out these days.

That is what kept me away from Siege initially - not just the high prices - the high prices for such ridiculously tiny figures. Paying leader class prices for voyagers that are only deluxe sized. No f'ing way.

As for Earthrise, other than ^ those reasons, I hate that the aesthetic has changed. I mean, I like the smooth surfaces being back and the Earth alt modes, but I don't like that these are supposed to fit in with the overly textured alien shit from Siege. I especially hate that so many people just got bamboozled with new/better/updated figures of characters that JUST came out via Siege. I think that's just dirty pool on Hasbro's part.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.