View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
MULTIPLEX Cassette, G1, WST & Masterpiece Collection

*Last updated July 15, 2015

MINI-CASSETTE DISPLAY
-

Finally got around to documenting some of my collection. Let me share my first entry, a mini-cassette display, which is the centrepiece and most favorite part of my little collection.

For me, cassettes have a dual nostalgic meaning to me, #1 Soundwave and his minions were some of the coolest transformers that I never owned as a kid (not anymore ) and #2 cassettes are something that remind me of the 80s, my era, the best damn time for TV, music, movies and of course TOYS!

The case itself, is a shot glass display case in oak finish with black felt back drop, hand made from real wood. It sits on top of my fireplace and is about 26" x26". Its pretty big, heavy and can be hung if needed.

Basically, what you see below is every possible G1 cassette toy ever created, some originals, some reissues, some repaints and even some KOs. I even added in a few 3rd Party cassettes I thought were worthy of displaying and some cassettes from the Classics/Henkei line.

This first picture is actually of my old arrangement but gives you an idea of how the cabinet looks with the glass door shut. NOTE: It's very difficult to photograph without getting some reflection but I think these turned out pretty good.

And here are a few of my favorites...

And here is the new arrangement...

MORE CASSETTES IN POST #64

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 06-29-2018 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added more pictures
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.