Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #55
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

Dec 12 - Nucleon Quest Super Convoy played by Fans Hobby MB-06A Black Power Baser

Wow, just stunning would be the first thing I would say about this, especially regarding the core bot. I don’t know what it is about it but the blue colour on his chest is nothing short of incredible. I did get the original Power Baser so not much in way of differences until you hit the fully combined mode. The Power Master is fine, the core bot has good articulation and allows for some really dynamic posing. I did see the pictorial review from RaidenisOP/Plastic Spark and have to say his review was bang on so I can’t say anything different. The biggest disappointment I would have to say is definitely the big guys articulated fingers. It was a nice touch and they should have been on the original (I am not buying the kit given what that figure costs it should have been done the first time around) but the fingers are all the same length and just doesn’t look right IMO so really didn’t focus on them much. Overall though he is quite the beast of a figure and really have to thank BoNKerS/Foibles Toy Chest for putting him in my hands at the AFE.

Even though he is not meant to be a Nemesis (and thank you to hard_return for pointing out who he really is) I will use him as a “Nemesis” in the Unicron Detolf as he fits really well there. If you are on the fence about getting him, then I say do it IF you don’t have the original. If you have the original then you don’t need to as you won’t be getting anything new enough to justify the cost so to speak. I honestly got him because I thought the upgrade for the first was included, not realizing the upgrade was done on this fig. The bonus Matrix was also a nice touch but really a shame in doesn’t integrate into the bot in some way. Either way good figure overall and definite recommend.

Part 1 Truck Mode

Part 2 Hi-Q

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.