Thread: Customs Duties?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #39
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Customs Duties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
I probably should've read this thread prior to ordering, my first order with Mandrake. I've considered ordering from them before but shipping was always off-putting. But I saw an item I've been watching for ages, and the price was right (coming in a 24K yen). They didn't specify shipping but their box and weight estimate seemed reasonable.

Lo and behold when the invoice came, the DHL shipping clocked in at 8210 yen. Honestly, I have shipments from Amiami, BBTS and other vendors and their shipping had always been reasonable.

This might be my last Mandy order for a while until they're able to ship with EMS, SAL or even surface.
I want to express that I love Mandy, and have purchased from them often
Dealing with DHL is the actual devil, and JapanPost's pandemic restrictions causing Mandy to only use DHL to Canada? It's literal torture
I"ll see an item pop up "oh hey that's a wicked price...except when I DHL shipping it price will be almost doubled, and COD on top of that mid-shipment"
SAL or surface all day erry day, EMS for purchases I deem to be "special" or "rare/fragile"
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.