Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #20
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: MP-44 @ Amazon Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Two questions, should I pre-order now from Amazon Japan or wait for another place either in Canada or that won't ding me for full duty/taxes like Amazon will?

Do I need to pay the full amount now even though the item doesn't come out for almost a year?

Thanks!
You can preorder it now with AmiAmi and ship it by any postal service option: even though AmiAmi now declares full value on all shipments you may get lucky and get it slipped through the system w/o CBSA seeing it. Or, check places like like Nippon Yassan which don’t declare full value and take your chances. And I wouldn’t get it locally since it will be cheaper to get it through amazon.co.jp with the prepaid sales tax (no duty) and their super cheap DHL shipping anyway.

I have no idea why anyone will get it locally (at least not at the $599.99 MSRP). People complained that Amazon withhold tax but you will pay sales tax at EB, TRU, etc. anyway. I supposed you can wait it out to see if there will be a sales, coupons or even clearances on this locally. But if you want it at release date Amazon Japan (or take a chance with AmiAmi hoping that CBSA won’t get their hands on your shipment) is the way to go now.

Amazon Japan will only charge you when it is ready to be shipped and you can cancel the order anytime before they are preparing your order for shipping.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 12-23-2018 at 01:22 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.