Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 58 - Our Latest Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
I feel it might be a little unfair to blame Cullen for his current Optimus voice. I'm sure that, when it comes to Optimus Prime, Cullen's been typecast because of the movie. I'm sure that the voice casters, writers and directors are the reason Prime sounds the way he does.
I'm sure the voice director is the one pushing him to be more "Grand" with everything he says...I just wish it was toned down...everything that comes out of his mouth doesn't need to be so f'n serious and earth shattering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
LL
You're so sweet :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
Am I the only one hyped for the Wheelie RTS Jazz repaint? He's friggin' Wheelimus Prime! Just imagine that he got the matrix and this is the result. I would love to see a Protector-styled trailer upgrade for him.

And I'm all over the Swerve since he have a special place place in my heart for being the very first TF toy I ever had. And it's great to finally see him back as a truck. I'm also interested in the Powerdive for the same reasons.

And I really hope the legends make it here too. I have been a big legends fans since the Classics line. So what are the chances that all these exclusives might show up in North America?

Great episode, guys. This was a very fun one thanks to Chris. XD
Well since I passed out during this discussion I may as well add my feeling on these figures here...

Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Revealer Deluxe Wave 5 (Worldwide Release):
  • Sergeant Kup (Prime Deluxe Ironhide Redeco, new head) - Interesting...don't quite get the remold from Ironhide since Kup's supposed to be the ol' timer and Ironhide in prime looks like a beefy soldier like his movie version...but lets make better comparisons once we get the figure in our hands
  • Decepticon Rumble (new mold, blue sports car. RIBFIR!) - ...I dunno what I'm really looking at here, these images suck. Cool nevertheless that we seem to be getting a Rumble (and likely a Frenzy) figure...FIBRIR/FIRRIB...who cares? Call it whatever the fuck you want.

Classics (Asia Exclusive):

Legends / Legion Class (all with new weapons):
  • Bluestreak (Reveal the Shield Legends Prowl Redeco) - Obvious, nothing dazzling, but nice to see it officially get made
  • Hoist (Reveal the Shield Legends Trailcutter Redeco) -No remolding? What the hell is he hoisting?
  • Motormaster (Reveal the Shield Legends Optimus Prime Redeco) - Gonna look weird without a new head...I like they're giving them weapons (all of the legends) the sword is at least appriopriate
  • Thundercracker (Reveal the Shield Legends Starscream Redeco) - Obligatory final seeker of the trio made...another Asian exclusive? Where's the bitching line gonna start this time?

Scout Class:
  • Sandstorm (Revenge of the Fallen Dune Runner Redeco) - ...everything Dune buggy becomes Beachcomber and Sandstorm eventually...
  • Laserbeak (Revenge of the Fallen Skystalker Redeco) - THIS I am actually looking forward to seeing. I fucking love this demonic looking mold and troop built him as Skystalker (they were the Sweeps, and Mindwipe = Scourge) Hoping this one looks cool...may get two and repaint the red to gold for obvious reasons :P
  • Dead End (Revenge of the Fallen Breakdown Redeco) - Meh...not entirely impressed with the mold the first time it make out, I doubt this will impress me much more.
  • Brawl (Hunt for the Decepticons Breacher Redeco) - Cool cuz I love the mold, I just don't get a Brawl feel from him, especially if there's no new head.

Deluxe Class:
  • Springer (Hunt for the Decepticons Tomahawk with new head) - I dunno...like the mold and the character of Springer but the mold seems to scrawny and lanky to represent him. Not to mention he doesn't have the Springer weapons...have a feeling it'll feel weird...
  • Cliffjumper (Prime First Edition Cliffjumper Redeco with G1 style head) - Stupid...2 totally different aesthetics, Prime designs don't lend well/equate to G1's look. It's not difficult to imagine a G1 Ciffjumper head on the FE Prime mold, and it just looks WEIRD
  • Wheelie (Reveal the Shield Jazz redeco with new head) - I could see it working...but when I got the Henkei Legends Wheelie how can you ask for a more perfect one?...ok maybe give the legends one knees but...otherwise, deluxe sized Wheelie seems unnecessary
  • Swerve (Generations Sergeant Kup with new head, previously seen on Kup's instruction sheet) - As many have said, cool to see Swerve back to his Trucky origins...would I go out of my way to pay $35-50 for it...prooobablyyy nooot....

Voyager Class:
  • Brawn (Prime First Edition Bulkhead with new head) - Same issue as Cliffjumper...besides he'd be HUGE! I like the idea of Brawn being the tough little guy...and Bulkhead's design SCREAMS Bulkhead...it just doesn't lend well to another character that has a well established design for himself already
  • Power Dive (Hunt for the Decepticons Highbrow with new head) - Interested in seeing this...I had a G2 Power Dive and really like the HftD Highbrow mold so if it's pulled off well I'll probably get this. Never get enough WWII Transformers
  • Hot Spot (Universe Inferno with new head) - Cool...but if TFclub is making a Defensor toy I don't see why I need this when the Hot Spot I want should become Defensor...
  • Generation 2 Megatron (Revenge of the Fallen Bludgeon with new head) - I see this working for G2 Megs more then Overlord, that's for sure :P I dunno...it kinda works because I just remember these lanky images of G2 Megs in the Marvel comics and the aesthetic could look good.

Movie Series Leader Class:
  • Starscream (Hunt for the Decepticons Leader Starscream in G1 Colors) - Yawn...love the mold but I'm so bored with G1 colours on movie figures...rarely does it look good. I wanna see what it looks like though for a good laugh. Would have much rather seen Skywarp or Thundercracker but I have repaint ideas on how to pull them off with this mold already
  • Ironhide (Dark of the Moon Leader Ironhide in G1 Colors) - Like Ian said, the voyager in red looks awful I can only imagine that the leader version wouldn't look much better.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.