Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 02:30 AM   #20
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Re: Hi, I was directed here from Reddit with some questions since I'm Canadian.

One option if you want all the faces and chests, of course, is going with a KO of MP-36. I've got both the original and a knockoff - because the state of stuff produced in China is weird that way, there's actually a few DIFFERENT knockoffs of MP-36 that are all a lower price but of comparable build quality, with their own differences. (The one I got for instance has a more metallic finish as well as the toy head and swirl chest - this was before they announced the limited run version of the toy.)

Like, different people have different opinions when it comes to straight off knockoffs of HasTak figures where someone clearly stole the CAD files or the tooling. Generally I don't go in for straight up knockoffs but I do have a handful.

And yeah, as for an MP Devastator, there's a TakaraTomy version of the Titan-class figure that got a TON of tooling upgrades on account of them having a bigger budget + the designer at Takara personally wanting to make it as good as he could (given the odds of an MP one ever happening aren't that high). If you plan on keeping it in Devastator mode the changes aren't that big a deal, but if you want to have the individual Constructicons on display or have the eyes instead of the visor for combined mode it's one to consider. (Then there's me who got the Hasbro one for combined mode and the Takara ones for their robot modes...)

There's also a bunch of different third party Devastators to fill that void. 3P is a huge money sink if you aren't careful though. You get great stuff but you spend a lot getting it.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.