Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 02:03 AM   #18
Slayback
Animated
Re: TFCon 2018 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

As a seller

First - not sure what you mean herooftheday316. Maybe you could clarify? - to me it sounds like some of us need to stop selling what we're selling and sell something else? For me that's kind of how i can redirect people.. for example someone is looking for Japanese gundamy stuff.. - i can say oh - go head to It came from Japan's table... the smiley bald guy with glasses! or ..you want MMC stuff -go to A3U with all the red table cloths.. or Planet X stuff - that taller gent with his asian wife ...sitting over there..; or G1 stuff - go visit Russ with his stacked up black shelves! Sellers get known for selling their certain stock. It's how they get to come back each year, because i would think that they're somewhat successful with that product line. I mean if they failed and kept coming back with no sales.. then i guess by all means - switch inventory..

2. Ya .. sunday kinda was weird. The 1 hour thing was a bit of a shock for myself and the crew. We had already been switching things over on saturday evening when we had been advised they were closing. We had a bit of a fiasco on the friday setup so i really needed more than the hour. I was lucky that they had started to let dealers in about 10 min early.
I actually had based my strategy on the Sunday Action Figure day... I had about 5 bins of action figures to put out along with the BAFs.. so needless to say i was shocked when very very few Action figure folks showed.. Some of the FB action figure groups had noted that there only a push for the TFs so thats why they weren't coming.

3. I'd like to thank the gent who noticed my loose transformer bins, and the young lady who asked for the animated transformer bins. Got me a lot more activity on sunday.

4. Still sunday... when i turned around to look through my shelves.. all i saw were big swathes of nothing. There wasn't anyone wandering the aisles. I think that in itself is an indication that a 2day- con isn't strong enough - unless you give it some serious support. More panels, or transformers karaoke or transformer colouring contests .. something. As a seller i'm there to work, meet customers, pay my staff, and move product. Hard to do if people don't want to come in for another TF day. Not saying it can't happen - just saying, perhaps we need to add some robustness to the event planning on the sunday if it is going to be a 2 day TF day.

5. As for the missing Exclusive stock.. as of wed- it still hasnt even gotten out of the states yet. The small amount that they had at the show -was sent at the same time with the other 2 shipments. We've been calling and no one seems to understand why it's not here yet.

Thanks to Mr.C for making things happen and promoting the show. The staff was great - and were good to myself and my team. If there were any errors - i'm sure it'll all get ironed out.

SB
Madhaus

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.