Thread: Goodbye TRU?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #28
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Goodbye TRU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Started when they stopped carrying full lines ,cut store in half and no stock ...mp10 fiasco a few years back and the current limited release of brands in both number and wave for example..i used to be a regular shopper
..almost daily ..on the hunt almost never now I for one will not miss ...maybe Hasbro will finally get off it's duff and either buy them out(a Hasbro chain store) or provide an affordable online service as for me umtill Hasbro goes down the bankruptcy path I'll shop online retailers or at con....

I don't even know what you're talking about.

Stopped carrying full lines? WTF? They've always carried full lines.

Cut the store in half? Babies are always being born, in order to keep afloat the parent company decided it was time to open up their niche market a bit and try and get new parents in to make profits.

MP10 Fiasco? I'm sorry, but the retailer has no control over what the fucking distributor gives them or how bad the scalp-bait such items as MP10 actually are.

Limited releases? I have no clue what you're going on about, everyone is having problems with distribution right now, it isn't just TRU, everyone is having problems getting product to store shelves and whole swaths of lines vanish quickly because kids, scalpers, parents, collectors and the like are going nuts buying up whatever little scraps they can find.

And you'd better miss them if they go, because if they go then the only option available to us will be Wal-Mart, and they don't fucking give a rats ass about their customers, they sure don't cater to adult collector bases on such a grand scale. When's the last time you found a Wal-Mart exclusive in a Canadian retail store? I never even saw the recent Shocktrooper at retail anywhere or the Scariff Stormtrooper Leader, or whatever the fuck it was called.

If they had them they only had them through their website and not everybody uses Wal-Mart.ca because TRU still accepts Paypal while Wal-Mart's online shit store won't give it the time of day.

And you're deluding yourself if you think a toy manufacturer wants to have retail presence diminished or reduced in a country, Hasbro isn't going to step in and start operating Hasbro brand retail stores, the entire point of Wal-Mart, TRU, Amazon and the rest is that they pay money to Hasbro to stock their products, they don't want to have the added costs of maintaining, operating and controlling their own retail stores to eat into their profits.

I for one do not want to see TRU go, sad to say I have very little control in how that goes, so I'm praying and hoping that we won't see the end of that retail giant for at least another ten years or so. But again there's very little I can do in that regards besides continuing to shop with them and use them over Wal-Mart whenever I can.

TRU is currently the largest supplier of LEGO and Mega Bloks in the retail environment right now, Wal-Mart doesn't give a shit about Mega Bloks they cater to LEGO, but they don't keep sets around very long because they rely on the fast return on investment. TRU has older products still, which might hurt them honestly, but if you can't afford something for a year or so you can at least maybe still find one at a TRU, unlike Wal-Mart who moves it out so fast it's gone before you know it and LEGO retires stuff constantly, without TRU or some smaller outlets you'd be left having to rely solely on the secondary market, meaning 3 times the cost for an item that only costs 25$ currently at retail.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.