Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 02:56 PM   #54
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Boardie Question - At what point are you a scalper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
I
I recently did this when I was on a road trip and found plenty of a hard to find item so I sent out a message on a Discord server that I am on (Transmissions) and ended up picking up a bunch of stuff for my nephew and other collectors and only charged them the retail price plus actual shipping that was rounded

Make relationships with fellow collectors and look out for each other. Try to come up with solutions to problems in the fandom. If there is a preorder coming up and it is a limited item, order an extra one and sell it to another collector at cost that you have such a relationship with or post it for sale at cost, I have seen that done on these boards with the Pit of Judgement.

Just a hypothetical question to end this post.

Am I in the wrong if I were to clear out a store of an item on sale only to donate them all to a local toy drive as it is screwing others out of fairly obtaining some sale items?
I would love it if more collectors had that kind of spirit. Thinking of others, not themselves. Be it helping out fellow fans in the way you have described, and I have done many times; or doing something generous like donating to a toy drive. My heart would be full.

We do see many people on cybertron.ca who have a good spirit. Sales threads that are fairly priced. People who are posting links or "in stock" notices on the various sightings threads, which help others. Sightings in general.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"

Last edited by RNSrobot; 10-17-2020 at 03:00 PM.
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.