Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #28
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: New Transformers G1 Commemorative Series Listing in Toys R Us Canada Computers

Maybe it's SDCC Universe Soundwave with just Buzzsaw and Ratbat for those of us who can't get SDCC Soundwave or for those of us who bought the Classics one and just want the other two cassetticons.

Or maybe it's just Universe SDCC Soundwave with a different box? Can anybody tell I really want that Soundwave figure? Sure I've got two versions of him already and still plan to get Soundblaster, but I really dig Soundwave and I can't pass up on the chance to score Ratbat who has to be one of my favorite Cassettes probably because of TFTM. Sure they were all cool, but Laserbeak, Ravage and Ratbat were the big three I couldn't get enough of. By the time I'm finished collecting G1 Cassetticons I'll have their molds seven times over. Except Ratbat. Unless Takara repaints Ratbat now that the work has been made on releasing him into a new character.

If it isn't SDCC Soundwave at Mass Retail which would get everybody who's buying the exclusive up in arms. (Though I kind of thought SDCC Soundwave was frowned upon and disliked because of the fact it's just another Soundwave with two new Cassettes? So maybe Hasbro decided to get their money's worth by mass marketing it through TRU, but I digress.) Anyway if it isn't Soundwave then the only other figure I can think it would be is another version of Starscream, due to his popularity, I would go so far as to say it could be a 25TH version of Starscream matching Takara's Book Style figure. Maybe with new accessories Crown, Shoulder Pads and Cape though I don't see how they could make G1 versions of those accessories.

Maybe it's Masterpiece Starscream? We didn't get him in Canada back when Wal-Mart had him? But then again the price deters it. Speculation is rampant, I really hope it's Soundwave though, I WANT/NEED Ratbat! (And you can never have too many Cassetticons.)

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.