Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #24
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Is Generations Blitzwing a Bad Toy?

Well, after receiving my Gen Blitzwing from sarmick and popping it open, I have to say that out of the box the figure has problems.

But, after much cutting and adjusting, I have to say that I like Blitzwing. Now that his tabs secure and nosecone sits almost perfectly flush and faces turn well, he's pretty cool.

I like his jet mode better than his tank mode, which surprised me because everyone was saying the jet is the weakest mode.

Of course, I had to trim down the torso screws and surfaces several times to get that right, and also make a little trim to the nosecone's rubbery hinge, and then fix one of the pieces that sit next to his crotch to sit flush, glue on the end of the tank's barrel, and trim some flash from the missile so it would actually fire.

An interesting journey, but well worth it. I'd hardly call what I fixed design flaws (except for the nose cone hinge), but QC problems.

I think my only complaint now is that Blitzwing's hand covers keep popping off when I flip them, which is just mildly annoying. not annoying enough to trim anything though, since they just pop back in without a problem.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.