Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 04:03 PM   #22
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast
Re: Should we close the sightings threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
^ This. It's not this forum's job to police people. And not having somewhere to post sightings isn't going to prevent me from checking out the TF section at Walmart while getting milk. But at the same time, I'm not making any special trips/stops just to check if someone has TFs in stock. If I'm there anyways, then sure. But closing down a forum will make no difference.
I disagree heartily with the above and agree with OP. If we are to even pretend to be a community, then the attitude that “it’s not our job to police people” just doesn’t cut it. It isn’t our job to report sightings, either. But we do it, to look out for one another, to do someone else a good deed.

This IS the time to look out for one another. And I think that removing the temptation to go out unnecessarily is a good deed. It is a small thing, but it is something that the mods can actually do.

And to the poster that wants to cling to “Normalcy” I say: Have you checked the news lately? This is not normal. We all should be making adjustments and closing the sightings for brick and mortar stores seems like the right move.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.