Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 02:26 PM   #641
theoneyouknowleast
Classic
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

I suppose my story with NMC Toys has a slightly happier ending. Not that I would do business with them ever again.

Like everyone else I put up an order for Gen Selects Stepper when it all it was available in Jan 2019. The price was good and the only place it seemed like in Canada you could get it, before TRU and Gamestop carried them on a regular basis.

The release date came and went, and I finally emailed them asking about it. Got a canned response about delays, and the preorder cancellation fee if I wanted to cancel. I decided to wait and see as this was only $25 in the end, and not a large purchase.

I would ask monthly on my support ticket for about an update, and they never ever replied outside the first response they gave me. Just radio silence.

After almost a year of silence on my support tickets I called them. The person that answered was pretty unprofessional, and I thought I had the wrong number when they first picked up.

They eventually told me Hasbro was late with the order, and they could not cancel until the distributor cancelled and refund them. So I decided to keep waiting.

Feb 2020 comes around, and I see on the Website it now shows figures in stock (albeit with a new higher price). Msg'ed them and complained and suddenly my item is available for in stock pickup.

Do not go into Toronto much these days, but I had errands to run that took me close one day in Early March 2020 so I went to pick up the figure.

Took forever to find the store front, its just a rented space in a small office building on the second floor, the space was cramped full of figures, I never went inside, just stood in the hall way while they looked for my figure.

Ended chatting with the owner (I think), I got the sense they do not like dealing with any customers since they spent 15min complaining about dealing with people, sigh. I never brought up his poor CS skills, didn't seem like it was worth having an argument with this jerk. Just listened to them rant and left.

At least I got my figure in the end, and then world went upside down a few weeks later. Guess I got lucky in the end.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.