Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #35
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

I wouldn't say I'm enraged by what I'm about to write, but it is definitely a 'pain point'...

---------------------------------

The pain point is Reissues. Why?

Quite simply I want more of them. Yup, I'm feeling like a entitled fanboy today!!! Have we not had plenty? Oh yes, in fact it's been pretty awesome--the recent Walmart reissues in G1 packaging was one of the most exciting store hunts I've had in years.

So why the concern?

It's WHICH reissues...it seems like we frequently see the same molds.

Is it a manufacturing problem? I don't think so...Look, I understand some molds are 'lost' or 'negotiations with the factory that posessed the molds failed'...I get it...but is there really not the technology to reproduce lost molds? I mean the KO companies seem to do it all the time! Are the recent reissue constructicons actually the molds from 1982? Would those even plug into modern injection molding machines!!??

I wish the future of the molds that haven't been done which I percieve to be valuable (Raiden, Liokiaser, Dinobots, Sunstreaker, etc.) was more clear.

Is it a business problem? Possibly...Some reissues don't sell out...I'm often surprised to see retailers/etailers end up with old stock...why? Did they overproduce? Is the mold too common? Why reissue something so many times? How many collectors are there for a given mold? How many need to be produced to break even, or even be profitable?

Even this has possible solutions...can we use some kind of crowdfund/pre-order fan commitment process to get the votes on what to reissue? They did it for Grand Max right? Why not a reissue?

Basically I'm hoping that reissues get a modern business approach, and leverage the available technologies to bring old designs back online because I'm pretty confident the fan demand (and dollars) are there for it to be successful, provided it's the right character.

There...nuff said about that...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.