Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master
PE-SX02 Moto Robot Aranea.

Hey everyone. So after posting in the hauls thread I saw a few people having doubts about this figure. So I figured that I would do a review on it.

Here is the first picture I took.

Packaging. It is pretty cool. Like the first release of the RC motobots. On the back it was pictures of the various modes. However, there is an error on the package (hopefully just mine) but it says that the figure comes with two laser guns. But it only comes with one. The instructions prove this.

Speaking of accessories, Aranea comes with:
Daggers x2 - part of spider drone
Electromagnetic Gun x1
Shield x1 - part of spider drone front
Laser Gun x1 (package says 2)
Drone Spider x1

Motorcycle mode

Aranea in vehicle mode is really good looking. The way the spider legs attach to her make her look menacing. The colours really go well together. There is not much to say simply because aside from the added spider parts, the basic motorcycle is like the previous motorbots.

Transformation

Transformation is exactly the same as the the first motorbots with one welcomed change. The knee pads don't require unlocking to rotate, or at least on mine the don't lock.

Robot Mode

Robot mode is also great. Once again the colours come together very nicely. There variations in the robot mode with the added accessories. Pictures below.

Fully armed and armoured!

Comparison shot with spider drone, which is also my unarmed and unarmoured picture:

Spider Drone

The spider drone is made by combining the shield the legs, the 'skirt', and the daggers. Spider Drone itself is well worth the on its own. Here is a comparison shot with Animated Blackarcania.

The drone is well articulate. With hinges at every joint for the spider legs and a swivel hinged joint where the leg connects to the body.

It only has four eyes though so not a true spider feel lol. But that is a small sacrifice as this added bonus makes this figure well worth the price.

That is at for my review. Not a deep review like my previous one of the FOC deluxes. But that is because with is a remold of the RC Motorbot.

Please, enjoy some more pictures, and more to come.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.