Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #46
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Do people here still use Ebay?

Ebay is riding on their first out of the gate status. They were the first big site for this and have managed to stay that way.

I find a big problem on Ebay is the professional sellers. If you look at any given time, the majority of items are listed as "Buy it Now" rather than auctions. They also start at ridiculously high prices. Combine that with shipping and it isn't surprising that it is tougher and tougher to find items at a good price.

That said, I still buy and sell on their fairly regularly. Selling an item auction style, if it has a good value is actually pretty smart. Since there are so few auctions anymore it can lead to bidding wars and a high final value. Yes a low value item isn't worth it with the fees, but otherwise it is still as good, if not better than here or kijiji.

Kijiji is basically no different than Ebay. You get "professional" sellers asking high prices, but you also have to put up with a lot of people lowballing items as well. Also, sad as it is to say, you don't have any real protection for deals.

Collector boards, like here, are pretty good, but I find on collector boards that people are too invested in their items. The attachment we place to our items when we are selling skews selling practices and prices. That's why I love conventions where a collector is looking to get out of collecting or shrink their collection. They usually have the best deals with the best condition items, while also being able to phyiscally examine the item before buying.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.