Thread: Toys R Us flyer
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #624
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Tru flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I have to say, now that I got Cog, Sixgun, Brunt and the drill-head, I absolutely love these guys

Cog is the worst (guns too loose in his hands, one is easier to just peg into the outer-forearm spot), but still really pose-able, even if he can't see around his shoulders

Sixgun is insane, took me a while to find one with nice paint on the mouthplate, but this guy rules, toes were installed properly, can rock his black hand guns like tonfas, good feelings all around
Might get the Powerdasher equivalent even though originally wrote it off, just cause of how good

Brunt is awesome, fiddle with him the most, but can fell will probably get looser as a result, ah well
Noticed many have paint issues around his red visor & mold flash around his "temples" side of the head, had to hunt for a while to find one I liked

Got the drill guy Powerdasher due to Brunt being great, plus had the original G1 drill guy so sentimental-ness - he mostly poses though, cause of sweet paint and afraid of loosening him up like Brunt

I'm fully on-board with ankle-tilts now - I love CW/TR/POTP and everything, but dudes got to be able to pose, and setting stumps on their edges seems antiquated now

Not saying I support the price increase, because of course not, but can't deny these figs are hella sweet
I really like how Brunt looks.

I'd have to say that the worse I found with Siege is that I have a LOT of looseness across the joints and accessories, so while I used to use some silicone "glue" to make ball joints stay, it was never a great fix, so I finally switched to the "Future/Pledge" floor finish, and have been busy with it.

It's not perfect but does do an amazing job for most. Some require a few coatings, but the best part in joints, like Prowl's knees, where my figure was having trouble staying up, a drop on the knees a bit of movement to get it to get into the joint, and once it's dry, it's like new, even better, as the feel it's giving me is that this will stay for at least a while... and while making the joint so much solid, it's a soft "tightness". So after the Weaponizers, they are finally holding well.

One of my Brunt's arms took several coating though... that was a really loose connector.

I just redid my Bruticus figures as they were all loose as heck. Took a few days as they really were a mess of losseness, but they're so much better now.

Note that while it's at least 24 hours to dry when you take apart and everything's open to air flow, joints takes at least 3-4 days to really get truly dry.

So to say that if your figures are loose, this is the way to go.

If you've never used some, I found the best approach is to have a tiny "bowl" (I use a used blister pack of pills that holds barely a dozen drops) and use a cotton swab (Q-tip) to coat the parts. It's been must easier than larger bowls/containers, and the many variants approaches that I've seen people use.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 10-13-2019 at 11:23 AM.
imfallenangel is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.