Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 02:09 AM   #48
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Most Disappointing Figures of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfflineMan View Post
LG-EX did fix many of the issues in LG-35/42 and it did have Cab and Minerva plus shiny plastic, but I agree with you that the price was outrageous. In principle having Cab and Minerva was nice, but they spent their entire time I had them sitting in Godbomber. The shiny plastic was a good tribute to the toy, but they're the only ones in the Generations line that use it. They stick out like sore thumbs on display. The annoyances that were fixed weren't really that annoying to me to begin with.

One good thing LG-EX did was drive the price for LG-35/42 into the ground. My set only cost less than $100 (had multiple sets offered) and I get to realize my childhood fantasy of having an official PM Prime + Apex Armour that wasn't a big brick with an over-sized head and puny arms.
What I've noticed recently is how flimsy the plastic is on both Ginrai and Godbomber. The majority of the figures in Titans Return and Legends were built pretty solid, but the plastic on both of these figures felt quite thin. I've actually sold both and am extremely happy with that decision.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.