Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #3144
SMOG
zombicon
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
That sounds like a lot of changes. I wouldnt be surprised if Takara just sees Hasbro's Liokaiser as an oddball and just ignore it. Just like Hasbro isnt releasing grand Galvatron and that Starscream and Thurst headsculpt. They each have their own unique toys and since Hasbro isnt releasing all that takara is doing, it makes sense that Takara also doesnt release everything either. Hasbro has moved on from Combiner Wars and Unite Warriors has ended, so I think both are moving on from combiners for now.
The thing here is that Liokaiser is a uniquely Japanese fave character, one who is unrecognizable to many western fans. The Hasbro release is already an oddball choice, in and of itself.

So far, Takara has been quite pointed about doing their own variants of all the combiners. It seems really strange for them to omit Liokaiser.

I don't know about re-engineering the torso into 2 bots, but considering what they've done for Hasbro's Powermaster Prime mold (into Ginrei), including doing their own Godbomber figure from scratch, as well as new molds for many of the other CW Combiners to make them more G1-accurate, it seems really weird for them to skip Liokaiser, of all bots.

Maybe they won't... but it doesn't fit their pattern to ignore this one.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.