Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
Oberon Prime
Beasty
Long Term Collection Storage Questions

Hello All,

After staying in the same place for more than 13 years I am finally ready to make a change. This change means taking over a room at a family members place for cheap so we can save up for a down payment. This process could be only a few months but could go longer depending on how things go. Regardless though while we are there the majority of our stuff (including most of my collection) will need to go into one of those Self Storage units popularized on certain reality shows.

Now the place we are looking at offers heated units which has humidifiers also working around the clock to pull out additional moisture. We will likely go for one of these. However I do have my concerns we may need a unit larger than the heated units available.

Now to my questions. My collection is mostly loose with some items I have kept the packages for. As a rule if the item is Beast Era, CHUG, Movie or TFP (except 1st Editions) then they are loose items stored in shallow storage bins meant to go under a bed. Anything that is an Import, Masterpiece, 3rd Party and G1 Reissue will be stored in package with instructions.

I assume the heated dehumidifed units will be fine for all of this. What I am curious to know is what of a unit that is not heated with or without a dehumidifier how can I expect my collection to keep? Is their anybody who can chime in on this?
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.