Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: The Vancouver Toy Pool

Taking a page from Nocturn, and I know Azim has a few toys he wanted to get to locals, I thought I'd start a thread for Vancouver. I know we have an active community, and something like this can only go towards strengthening it. There's a lot of really great stuff comming out, so lets beat the scalpers at thier own game!

The way this works is, if you want a toy, post a want ad. Keep tabs on this page, and if you see a wanted toy in stores, buy it, and then the first person in the pool gets to buy it from you at cost.

If you want a toy added to the pool, post and I will add it. If you want to be added to the want list for the pool for any figures, post and you'll be added to the queue.

Once a seller has the toy, they will PM the first person on the list and make arrangements. Or if you prefer to do it through escrow, I can middleman it for you.

If there are 'haves' and no 'wants', this works as a for sale thread, the first person to post for it gets it.

Rules:
This will only work if people give back!
1) If you request to be added to the pool, and you spot a toy or two that are listed as having 'wanters', you have to pick it up for them. You must do this for at least as many items you are on the waiting list for!

2) Metro Vancouver only.

3) You cannot ask more than retail+tax+7% travel expenses or your cost+7% travel expenses for your toys. Otherwise this is just a scalp list. I personally will only sell for what I paid.

4) If you are a 'have', and you post in this thread or PM the person who is first on the 'want' list, the 'haver' must wait a minimum of 48 hours for a reply. If there is no response within 48 hours, the 'haver' has the option of going to the next person on the list, or waiting longer for the first place 'wanter' to reply.

5) The 'wanter' must accommodate the 'haver' within reason, when it comes to timely replies and travel time. Use your common sense here, someone is doing you a favour so try to make it as easy as possible for them to get the item to you.

6) As a 'wanter', if you fpeel you won't be able to pick up or pay for your item in a timely manner, you have the option of bumping yourself down the want list a few spots. Post or PM me if you'd like to do that.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.