Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #75
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I don’t recall their ever being a shortage of wave 1 figures, but that said I still grabbed Magnus from EB. I get my 10% Platinum discount, so I’m good with that. They got it in first, so I like rewarding them for efficiency, and I can ignore the possibility of saving more from a TRU sale by having already spent time with the figure and gotten happiness from fiddling with it. If they get restock I’ll grab Shockwave from them as well.

As for shortage figures, I totally get it. Like I said, I don’t ever remember wave 1 shortages, but in recent years, in my area at least, Studio Series Jazz and Lockdown, POTP Novastar, Combiner Wars Skylynx and RID Bisk were all ‘there and gone’ in short periods. I never even saw POTP Rodimus Unicronus, and that’s with 2 Walmart’s, 2 TRUs, and 2 EB Games in the area. Heck, I bought Studio Series Dropkick from EB today because he was there for 3 weeks and I haven’t seen him anywhere else. Sometimes it does pay to just buy what you really want when you see it rather than wait to see if you can get it cheaper and end up missing out.
Well, we're now a few weeks into the Walmart release, and I've yet to see the leaders in the few times I was at a WM, and I see a lot of members that are still hunting, have seen barely any or one but not both, etc. So at this point, they do appear to be a very limited release...

Got to hope that maybe the "main" batch hasn't made it to stores yet, but if none are coming, this is really a case of "see it/grab it" of odds of getting it (aside online) aren't the best.

And as the previous figures that were short... I saw Unicronus once (several) and the next time at that TrU, none left.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.