Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #73
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
Why would you say that? I want one to go with my PotP Battletrap. From the reviews he looks pretty good.
My biggest issue with the mould is that they removed the previous gimmick that Battletrap had. I liked the two Legends figures combining body and name to make him. It was a fresh twist on a bland character.

As a robot, it looks pretty good. I'll give it that. I'm someone who would have liked the tank cannon to fold away instead of being another hand weapon. Silly, I know, but I'm not a fan of tank cannons being hand held hand guns. A personal nitpick really. But onto the tank half of the alt modes. It sucks. Nothing tabs together, and the turret not moving is a big step back. For some it's not a big deal. For me, it was. The jet mode was kind of clever with the arms hiding under, but it never tabbed together very well either. I would have liked the small gun to integrate into the jet better. Maybe under the nose cone or split apart and go under both wings. But just one gun hanging off the wing of a plane looks odd to me. So does having it smack in the middle of the top for the plane too. But that's common on almost all deluxe planes out of the last few years, so again, minor.

But all of those minor things built one big disappointment for me. That's not saying I hate it. It's like saying carrot cake is my least favorite cake, but I still like it. Just not as much as chocolate. Ya know?

All things considered, I'd say grab one while you can. There's very little chance Hasbro will bother to revisit the character for quite a while.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.