Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #20
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers The Last Knight Deluxe Cogman Released at Canadian Retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
It was the MSRP for TLK and will be for POTP, call it "ridiculous" or "steep" all you want, that's the price of a deluxe transformer for the foreseeable future.

TR figures sell because every parent sees them on the shelf for 50% less. Take away the discount line and there'd be greater parity, if not more movie figures sold, as those characters have more exposure.
MSRP doesn't make it right. If we roll over and say that it is okay to be charged that much then they will keep charging it, naturally, I would too if people were willing to pay it lol. But, it can and should be argued that it IS steep and it IS ridiculous. Hasbro should be utterly ashamed they ever dared charge 30 bucks for a crappy deluxe toy. TLK isn't close to as strong, quality wise, as the cheaper Titans Return. I also don't really know why you thought potp was going to be the same higher price. That was never reported to my recollection and I know two separate inside sources at a couple of different retailers who saw potp in their systems a couple months ago, and they were going for TR prices, thank God, because I too, like you, assumed this was going to be the new going rate and it is unacceptable. As for movie characters selling. I am curious, am I the only one living somewhere where they aren't selling..like...at all? Every character is super easy to get here because no one is buying them. More and more get put on the shelves but I have yet to see the stocks already out deminish to any measurable degree.

I am so sorry. I know the above sounds rant-ish, it isn't meant to be. I just get really impassioned about this topic, about unjustified price hikes. It is more like consumer advocacy. I might not feel as bad if I felt the quality justified the cost increase but I just don't. Maybe I am the only one, but doesn't it seem that 20 bucks for a deluxe should be the ceiling in terms of value for money for what it is? Then again, what do I know? Many are jumping hoops for MP Dinobot, and that thing is basically a fancy voyager for 249.99 US.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.