Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
elburrito
Animated
Re: MP value over time?

I've been on the MPs since the beginning. The prices do seem to fluctuate a bit but generally to increase. That is subject to future releases. For example, Hasbro MP 10 was up around $300 for a while, but the Takara re-issue for MP10 sort of undermined that. Although, now it is getting up there again. Also, Takara's MP 13 pretty much lost all value when Hasbro released MP Soundwave with all 5 cassettes. I think the bottom line is like any collectible item. If your plan is to sell it down the road, keep in sealed and mint. If you want to display, transfer the toys out of the box, they are going to significantly drop in value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafly View Post
I just started my MP collection last month and I'm kind of trying to justify spending so much other than being in a happy happy mood every time I'm in my man cave.

Anywho, does anyone know of a reference guide of original prices when each MP first came out? Or does anyone haveva general idea of how the values have held up, increased, or decreased over time? Seeing as the franchise is decades old, has there ever been a slump where the toys lost value?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.