Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 11:39 PM   #28
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Thoughts on Studio Series so far?

Having seen all of this line in hand over the last couple of days, it's a mixed bag. Stinger is the winner in the deluxes by far, Ratchet and Crowbar don't seem all that much different to me from their previous incarnations and BB is a flimsy mess if not handled in a specific way.

What bugged me most of BB is his size, or rather, what you're paying for that size. When you look at his proportions, he seems long in the legs. Take away what the feet give him and he looks better proportioned but then you realize without the feet, he's legends sized. A $30 legends on a mass produced mainline toy that has the build quality of a KO?! Eat shit, Hasbro.

The voyagers are not much different to me either. Starscream is just an upsize of a previous version. Optimus is a downsize with a darker coloring that also screams cheap KO to me.

I really wanted to like Blackout and must have stood in the aisle looking him over for about a half hour at the store but ultimately put him back on the shelf. Sorely lacking paint, and just really couldn't muster up any love for this Bayverse design. It has kibble everywhere all over it.

Grimlock is the only I one seem to enjoy. Good size and scale compared to even the previous movie lines, much better detail over what we got before, and an intricate enough paint design to be interesting and not scream lack of paint.

Last edited by Chigimus; 04-21-2018 at 06:00 AM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.