Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #18
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: How big is the online toy community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
You all know that the the provided numbers are outdated and flat out wrong now.
Yeah, that "30%" number has been floating around for a long time now. I think the first time I heard it was pre-movie years, so before 2007. At the time it seemed accurate but now it just seems low. I think we're still probably in the minority, but I'd bet it's probably closer to 40%/60% now. Every time I go to my local Walmart it's the current "collector oriented" lines that are barely there, not the kid targeted ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
It is just so hard to narrow down to a number. I think I see roughly 20 adults looking at the Transformers section in stores for every kid I see.
Yeah, but are those adults buying for themselves, or for a kid or kids? That "70%" number doesn't actually mean kids, it's more representative of adults buying for kids.
I'm still inclined to believe that number is higher since we seem to be living in a era where parents over all seem more permissive and just give their kids whatever they want, whenever they want it.
Quote:
It would be interesting to stake out TRU for a weekend and do a count for scientific purposes.
Pardon me sir, but you've been sitting here in the toy aisle for days now, and the smell is starting to make people uncomfortable. Please pack up your lawn chair and cooler and leave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
But also in regards to the percentage of buyers that people were discussing, this was in Hasbro's August Investor report:

- "20% of Hasbro products are consumed by people 14 years of age or older"
- "Growing demographic"

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...esentation.pdf
20%?! That seems REALLY low to me. My guessed number of 40%/60% seems more real.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.