Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #64
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Re: No 3rd Party Toys at Botcon 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Are they going to refund attendees who have already paid for their tickets, or give refunds to vendors who have already paid for their space?
Personally, I don't feel that attendees should get a refund. Should someone who buys a ticket for a rock concert be entitled to a refund if the set-list wasn't what they thought it would be? Either way, I don't believe (but I'm not 100% sure) that any of Botcon's official advertising included promoting the specific sale of non-Hasbro and non-Takara products.

In terms of the vendors themselves, I was going to say that yes they do deserve a refund because this is a new rule and suddenly they could be in a poition where they can no longer sell what they have been selling in the past. However, then Bruticus82 (and thank you for posting this) came along:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
"Promoter and its designees, including Hasbro, Inc., each reserves the right to ban or deny display of any item for any reason."

"Promoter and its designees, including Hasbro, Inc., each reserves the right to confiscate any items that violates these rules and regulations."

"Exhibitor agrees to permit such confiscation without incident and agrees that all confiscated items shall become the property of Promoter or its designee and may be turned over to the appropriate authorities. Exhibitor herby [sic] waives and all claims against the Promotor [sic] or Hasbro, Inc. with respect to any removal of person or confiscation of items."

Is the way they went about it fair? Well, if exhibitors had to sign this before paying, and this is the document that actually gives them the right to attend Botcon as exhibitors, then it seems they gave them notice at the right time. If exhibitors pre-paid, or if there was some prior application process with its own rules and conditions, maybe some would have a case to say that it's not proper to introduce this "new" term at this point in time. Again, the process and details matter.
Despite some lacking of specifics here, I can't help but agree with this point: if vendors put their signature on these terms, there can be no refund. But like Bruticus82 says, this may or may not have been the case for every vendor.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.