Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #62
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: No 3rd Party Toys at Botcon 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Blah blah blah...
... seriously?

The image of Devastator is HASBRO'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY! This character of Hercules is 100% meant to look like, and BE Devastator, which Hasbro owns all rights to. Same goes for Fansproject Insecticons, and City Commander (Ultra Magnus), Protector, Defender, Knight Morpher, the list goes on. They own the image of these characters, and these companies are stealing it to use for themselves to please us, the fans.

You need to quit looking at this from an "oh, poor us can't get toys" and actually look at it from Hasbro's perspective.

I love these third party toys, I own MOST of them. I have Hercules, I have Giant on the way, I own pretty much everything Fansproject. But you know what? Hasbro has EVERY right to ban the sale of something like this from THEIR OWN convention.

Also, for everybody worrying about TFCon. The absolute WORST thing Hasbro can do, is not show up to do their panel and show new toys like they have the last few years. There is nothing they would do more than this.

Now, I'm gonna leave before I rage on somebody and get the mods on me (hey guys! )
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.