Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Iron Man 3
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #32
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: Iron Man 3

I just saw it tonight and freaking loved it. Not sure about all the hate. Reading the posts, seems like the issues are not staying true to the source material and honoring the Mandarian. I personally like the changes they made from the comics. I don't know if a green guy with magic rings would play well on the big screen. Maybe it would have, but I liked the twist and think it just made a lot more sense. Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley played theirs roles fantastically.

Could the pacing be a bit better and a little less comedy? Sure, but not enough to gripe about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
Probably the biggest gripe I have with it was they just kinda forgot about Tony's anxiety attacks and if he resolved them and how he over came them.
My actual gripe is why this anxiety thing is even in the movie? It comes out of no where. My overall gripe about the Iron Man movies is that they are inconsistent:

Iron Man: great
Iron Man 2: out of no where the arc reactor is killing him.
Avengers: great
Iron Man 3: out of no where anxiety issue stemming from the events of what happened in Avengers.

I think if you were to watch those movies back to back, it would seem really weird where he goes from fine to something random to fine to something random again.

Ya, I know, different writers and directors. Maybe it's just me that is bothered by this. I don't think either thing needed to be in the movies, just out of left field for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transforminator View Post
Some gripes I had:

The moment you realize that Killian is doing all this because Tony didnt meet him on the roof in 1999
I dug it because super villains are like that, just need something to spark the fire. And havin the epiphany of the power of anonymity, scary. Ruling from the shadows is a scary thing.
Quote:
Suits falling apart in every badass scene
It bug me a bit, but that's how this goes in everything. If there is one of it, it is powerful and stuff. If there are lots of that same thing, then it loses all plot armour and becomes cannon fodder. Happened in TF Prime with the Insecicons for example. It's how it goes.
Quote:
It was a fun film, but fell flat on a lot of levels particularly since the marketing of this film suggested that the Mandarin would be villain of the year.
I hate spoilers so I don't even watch trailers becuz of that. But another thing is sometimes trailers give you one view on what the movie is, and then the movie itself being something different, and having those expectations from the trailer. Maybe I would of liked it less or maybe more if I saw the trailers, I donno. I tend to judge a movie based on the movie itself and not any outside influences.

Man, long post. Sorry, movie still fresh in my mind. And 2:33 AM, so full of adrenaline and curry buffet.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.