Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 02:05 AM   #27
hXcpunk23
Generation 1
Re: Galvatron II - WIP

Thanks, guys--I appreciate the kind words!

As promised, here are some more WIP shots. I built up the sides of the chest/ab area to look more like G1 Galvatron and I also built his "belt" around his waist and added some minor details with thin sheet styrene. I used the G1 Galvatron cannon mount to help build Galvatron's cannon (thanks to bellboy for shooting it to me--I'll get yours in the mail this coming week bro, thanks for being patient!). I cut part of the cannon mount and added some styrene to cover the gaps and openings. I kept most of the original cannon together that I had previously built. I did take the old styrene off and rebuild with thin sheet styrene between the actual cannon and ink pen part (the rear of the cannon). I added a fin to the back end of the cannon by cutting the shape from 3 pieces of thin styrene, gluing them together, then attaching it to the cannon. I still haven't figured out how I want it to connect to the forearm (yes, this cannon will be forearm only--as opposed to the old G1 toy, which had it on the upper arm/bicep area).

I'll post more updates when I get more done (took a break for a few days to work on Megatron's head and some early Soundwave and Blaster stuff).

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.